Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Mirian!

How old are you?

I'm three! Yes you are, and you were so much fun today!

She woke up excited that it was her birthday and came in to tell us early this morning. She also came in later disappointed because her birthday wasn't in the living room. I think she was connecting it with Christmas, but it's not quite the same.

She went shopping with us, helped us make and decorate the cake. She wanted Ariel, a princess cake. No changing her mind on that one.

We decorated with balloons and streamer, nothing too fancy but it felt like a party.

She was so excited to open her presents all day, and came into the kitchen to ask me if she could open them up now. I told her "no we have to wait until dad gets home. He wants to see you open them too." Then she made a comment to herself "maybe I'll wear my shirt and shorts." Which sent signals off in my head. "Mirian did you open one of the presents?" "Just one mom. My shirts and shorts." So we had to explain that we couldn't open the other two until dad came, and that she could wear her new birthday outfit if she would like.

She had a small party tonight with a few friends over, and got to open her other presents which she was excited about. It was a good day. It's fun to see your kid's face light up because they know it's their special day, and you can tell they just feel special. They feel important and loved. Two of the best things a child can feel.

2 comments:

Cher said...

so hilarious that she opened her shirts and shorts. How fun, I am glad it was such a fun day. When is your unborn child due? Can't wait to see how cute he/she is! Take care.

Marci said...

Nice job on the cake! I have two I get to make in 1 1/2 weeks...you did a great job, what is your frosting recipe? Your kids are beautiful!